Diesel prices are revised at 06:00 A.M every day. From June 2017, Diesel prices in India are revised daily, and this is called the dynamic Diesel price method.
11 July 2023, Tuesday
- Bangalore₹87.89DIESEL (₹/L)-0.05
- Chennai₹94.33DIESEL (₹/L)0.00
- Hyderabad₹97.82DIESEL (₹/L)0.00
- Kolkata₹92.76DIESEL (₹/L)0.00
- Mumbai City₹94.27DIESEL (₹/L)0.00
- New Delhi₹89.62DIESEL (₹/L)0.00
Find Fuel Price In Your Region
City Wise Fuel Prices
State Wise Fuel Prices
Andaman And Nicobar
Dadra And Nagar Haveli
Daman And Diu
- businessUpdated on July 3, 2023 4:45 AM IST
- businessUpdated on July 1, 2023 4:59 AM IST
- businessUpdated on June 27, 2023 8:52 AM IST
- businessUpdated on June 24, 2023 3:30 AM IST
- businessUpdated on June 24, 2023 3:14 AM IST
- trendingUpdated on June 20, 2023 7:45 AM IST
- businessUpdated on June 20, 2023 6:07 AM IST
- businessUpdated on June 19, 2023 9:09 AM IST
- businessUpdated on June 18, 2023 4:29 AM IST
- businessUpdated on June 17, 2023 4:37 AM IST
More on Fuel Prices
Currently, diesel is retailing at Rs 89.62 a litre in Delhi . In Mumbai, Chennai and Kolkata diesel costs Rs 94.27 , Rs 94.33and Rs 92.76 respectively.
India imports about 80% of its oil needs and so domestic pump rates are dependent on international prices, as denominated by Indian basket of crude oil. The other factors on which domestic petrol and diesel prices depend on include central excise duty, VAT or value added tax levied by state governments, dealer and refining margins and transportation cost. As of now, petrol and diesel don't come under the purview of GST.
The value of the rupee also has a bearing on domestic fuel prices. A weak rupee increases the landed cost of dollar-denominated crude oil.
Petrol and diesel prices in India are reviewed daily in line with the benchmark international rate of the preceding 15 days. So state-owned fuel retailers Indian Oil Corporation (IOC), Bharat Petroleum Corporation Ltd (BPCL) and Hindustan Petroleum Corporation Ltd (HPCL) are supposed to review petrol and diesel prices daily in line with the cost.
Diesel is one of the primary sources of energy for transportation of goods in India. Any change in diesel prices has a direct impact on inflation.